- Attend a 5-day MANU ʻImiloa Teacher Training Workshop at ʻImiloa in Hilo from Monday, July 10 - Friday, July 14, 2017 AND
- Kōkua at the 2017 'Imiloa Wayfinding Festival in October 2017
- Implement MANU ʻImiloa Curriculum in at least one classroom/period
- Complete evaluation assessments and surveys
- Create a makana mahalo, a thank you gift/card, for those individuals or organizations that sponsored the outreach experience.
- Specialized training and instruction at MANU ʻImiloa workshops
- Cutting-edge curriculum that is aligned with Hawaiʻi State Department of Education standards and promotes culturally relevant project-based learning of science and math
- Access to custom wayfinding educational materials and traveling kits made available exclusively to teachers through ʻImiloa’s MANU ʻImiloa: KŌLEA Program
- Opportunities to meet and engage with like-minded educators and crewmembers from the Mālama Honua Worldwide Voyage
- Priority access to Outreach support staff
- A complimentary Family Membership to become a part of the ʻImiloa ʻohana! MANU ʻImiloa: KŌLEA teachers will receive a full year of free admission, access to exclusive events and discounts on merchandise and programs for both them and their family!
- Complete the MANU ʻImiloa KŌLEA Application (available March 1, 2017)
- Scan and upload a signed letter of recommendation from your supervisor, principal or superintendent
- Submit application and letter of recommendation by deadline, 5:00 pm on April. 30 2017 - Application opens Wednesday, March 1, and closes Sunday, April 30, 2017.
'Imiloa is indebted to the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation for a generous grant which funded the initial development and launch of MANU 'Imiloa, including the drafting of program curriculum and the production of tool kits, along with support of transportation and logistical costs. We are also grateful to the Hawaii Community Foundation STEM Learning Partnership for additional program support.